Fried squid with fried rice
What you need for 4 pers:
- 2 squid tubes, cut into thin rings - remember to see if all bones are removed
- 1 egg
- 300 grams of potato flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 liter of oil for frying
- 1 large onion, cut into coarse cubes
- 1 pepper red or green, cut into large cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, cut coarsely 2 cm
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2-3 dl boiled and cooled basmati rice
- 1 lemon, cut into coarse cubes
- 1 bunch coriander or basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup - Heinz is good as it is sour
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisinsauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Here's how you do it:
Start by checking if there are bones in the squid and cut them into thin rings. Mix 1 egg with sesame oil and beat with salt and pepper, marinate the squid in it.
Prepare all the vegetables and place them separately on a platter or in bowls. Mix the sauce. Turn the squid into potato flour, it should have a dry consistency so they remain separated.
Heat 1 liter of oil up to 180 degrees and fry the squid a little at a time, place them on greaseproof paper. Discard the oil, it can not be recycled once we have had seafood in it.
Heat the wok with 2 tablespoons oil and put 2 eggs here and let them fry for a few seconds before you scramble them. Pull the eggs up on the side, add a little oil and fry the onions. Turn the whole wok together and pull up on the side, add a little oil and fry the peppers, add the garlic and make friends with the rest of the wok. Pull the vegetables up the side and add a little oil, add the curry paste and heat for a few seconds. Put the rice on and fry for a minute and turn the whole wok together.
Fry well for a few minutes and add the sauce. Turn it all over well and heat through so that there are no lumps in the rice. Put the rice in a dish, heat the wok and give the squid a shot of heat before serving. Serve with lemon and fresh herbs.
Products for you...
- Professional and quality Gas stove
- Pans for Professionals and Beginners
- HOT WOK Gas Stove and Grill Accessories
HOT WOK Inspirations
High power of a Gas StoveRead now
It is the high power of a HOT WOK Gas Stove that gives a completely unique taste experience. If you are a passionate cook or food enthusiast, you know that cooking is an art that requires the right equipment and...
How to make Candied Almonds in a HOT WOK Gas stoveRead now
Make Candied Almonds in a HOT WOK Gas Stove Is there anything better than roasted almonds on a cold winter's day? We've been experimenting with making them ourselves on our HOT WOK, and we don't regret it for a second. Here's...
What can you cook with birds like rooks?Read now
At HOT WOK we have made a very delicious suggestion, which you can follow here: First, we make crispy rice paper in our wok.- Pour one liter oil in the wok and heat it up.- Once the oil is hot,...
Leave a comment