The milk is actually fried, but for some reason, we call it "baked milk".
The taste and texture are pudding-like.
3 - 5 mins
- 200g milk
- 30g cornstarch
- 40g sugar
- 35g wheat flour (Type 405)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Panade Mix breadcrumbs and panko
- Mix the milk, cornstarch, and 30g of sugar together.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and heat over low heat.
- Stir until it becomes creamy.
- Use a spoon to put the thickened mixture into a mold.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, add flour, baking powder, and 10g sugar, and stir until it becomes a creamy mixture.
- Dip the cooled milk balls/shapes into the egg mixture and coat with the breadcrumbs and panko mixture.
- Fry at 170°C for about 3-5 minutes until the surface turns golden brown.
(Recipe by Uwe Hagemann)
Products for you...
- Professional and quality Gas stove
- Pans for Professionals and Beginners
- HOT WOK Gas Stove and Grill Accessories
HOT WOK Inspirations
High power of a Gas StoveRead now
It is the high power of a HOT WOK Gas Stove that gives a completely unique taste experience. If you are a passionate cook or food enthusiast, you know that cooking is an art that requires the right equipment and...
How to make Candied Almonds in a HOT WOK Gas stoveRead now
Make Candied Almonds in a HOT WOK Gas Stove Is there anything better than roasted almonds on a cold winter's day? We've been experimenting with making them ourselves on our HOT WOK, and we don't regret it for a second. Here's...
What can you cook with birds like rooks?Read now
At HOT WOK we have made a very delicious suggestion, which you can follow here: First, we make crispy rice paper in our wok.- Pour one liter oil in the wok and heat it up.- Once the oil is hot,...
Leave a comment